In Solnechnogorsk, a village near Moscow, NIKOLAS was born in 1953. His art career began in both graphic design and fine art. Early, he focused on graphic art, attending a technological-arts high school in Moscow; and, later graduating from a four-year technical arts institute in Moscow. While pursuing graphic design however, NIKOLAS pursued fine art in the Moscow studio of master painter, N.P. Sorokin.
NIKOLAS’ unique style is best characterized as joyful playfulness, with a strong sense of movement, freedom, and humor. Within the jubilant animation, there is also grace, elegance and peace. Full of light and energy, his work is balanced and well-composed.
NIKOLAS’ painting career accelerated in 1989 with participation in both Russian and international art exhibitions—Los Angeles, Lisbon, Vienna, and of course, Moscow. His paintings are included in private collections worldwide including France, England, Germany, Holland, India, Russia, and the United States. He is a member of Artist-UNESCO.
Exhibitions and Auctions:
– Exhibition-auction, Los-Angeles, USA,
– Exhibition, Vienna, Austria,
– Moscow, Malaya Gruzinskaya, 28,
– Personal Exhibition, “Flute”, Moscow,
– Creative trip, Berlin, Germany,
– Group Exhibition, CHAW, Moscow,
– Group Exhibition, Albatros Gallery, Moscow,
– Gallery “Flieta”, Moscow,
– Gallery “Varshavka”, Moscow,
– Gallery “Cleopatra”, Moscow,
– “From Russia with Love”, Las Vegas, USA,
– CHAW, Albatros Gallery, Moscow,
– CHA, “Albatros” Gallery,
– CHAW, Art-Center, “VERT”, Moscow,
– Exhibition, Lisbon, Portugal.